Please click on the images to open a larger view
DMX512 & RDM testerJump-Start™ is a small hand-held RDM and DMX512 programmer. As the new Remote Device Management (RDM) protocol gains acceptance, the DIP-switches on the rear of moving lights will gradually disappear. There is no need for them as RDM allows the lighting console to patch the lights.
BUT: What do you do when the lighting console is still in the truck? Or when you need to address a light in the workshop? Or if you want to check the temperature sensor?
That's where Jump-Start comes in! Plug it into the DMX connector and moments later you have a display of all the important information: Start Address, Footprint, Personality, Sensors, Temperature, Voltage, Lamp Hours to mention but a few. A couple of key presses are all it takes to edit the settings. You can even plug into the entire lighting rig and auto-patch all the lights!
Have you ever stood in front of a light trying to remember which combination of channels mean 'strike'? Jump-Start is so clever that it can simply ask the light to strike or dowse or self-test.
Jump-Start also operates as a straightforward DMX tester. You can set individual channels to a level or have them ramp continuously. You can even store the channel settings to a memory.
Two 'AA' batteries power Jump-Start. Talk time is around 12 hours and Standby time is about 6 months.
- Output Protocols: DMX512-A
- RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard)
- DMX512 Functions:
- Rig Check - Static / Dynamic
- Memory Check - Static any combination of channels
- Dynamic Check - Consecutive group of channels ramping
- RDM Functions (Get / Set):
- Start address & personality
- Lamp strike + power-on
- Self test + dimmer curve
- Pan & tilt invert & swap
- Display brightness and invert
- Help language
- RDM Functions (Get):
- Lamp hours + strikes
- Product hours + footprint
- Software version
- Device reset
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 2 x AA Battery
- Height: 95 mm
- Width: 65 mm
- Depth: 28 mm
- Signal Connection: XLR5 female
- Net Mass: 0.10 kg
- Approximate Carton Mass: 0.32 kg
- Approximate Carton Dimensions: 220 x 180 x 120 mm
- Volume: 4752000 mm³
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence Engineering Ltd
- Country of Manufacture: The United Kingdom
- 0601 Test equipment - Setting a start address with Jump-Start
- 0602 Test equipment - Uploading firmware to Jump-Start
- Jump-Start user guide
- Jump-Start User Guide (Spanish)
- Jump-Start Datasheet
- Jump-Start Declaration of Conformity
- Jump-Start Certificate of Origin