DIN Rail DMX512 splitter with Fix mode.Rail-Split extreme is a variant of Rail-Split RDM that is optimised for harsh conditions and use in electrically noisy environments.
Both products feature electrocution protection (self-healing) on the input, loop and all outputs (up to 425 VAC continuous connection).
Additionally, Rail-Split extreme provides surge protection. This feature is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by lightning. The protection is sacrificial which means that after a certain number of protection events, the protection circuitry will be destroyed.
It is DIN Rail mounted for ease of installation. All connections are via screw terminals. DMX loop through and termination options are provided.
Rail-Split extreme supports the RDM (Remote Device Management) Standard. RDM allows bidirectional communication over the DMX cable.
Rail-Split extreme is powered from a 9 to 48VDC power source.
Rail-Split extreme provides a switch to select between operation as a bidirectional DMX/RDM splitter and Fix mode. In Fix Mode, the product discards all RDM and other specialist data packets. It also adjusts the DMX timing to values that are likely to be acceptible to fixtures that do not fully comply with the DMX standard. The list below shows the fix mode features.
Automatic timing correction for DMX512.
Accepts breaks from 56uS to 1000uS
Accepts MaB from 5uS to 1000uS
Accepts MbB from 0uS to 1000uS
Accepts channel count from 1-512
Accepts refresh from 23mS to 1000mS
Filters out consecutive breaks
Retimes bytes with 1 stop bit to 2 stop bits
Generates DMX with fixed timing parameters: Refresh = 33Hz, Brk=250uS, MaB=30uS, P=30mS, C=512, MbB=30uS
Filters out all Non-Zero Start Codes
- Mains electrocution protection (self-healing)
- Surge protection (sacrificial)
- Optically isolated DMX512 input
- Front panel power and data indication
- Six buffered outputs
- Bidirectional data ports
- Jabber Detection
- Fix Mode
- DIN Rail mounting
- Compatible with DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A
- Protocols: RDM Standard V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard)
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 8W
- Input Voltage: 9 to 48VDC
- Width: 88 mm
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Connection: Screw terminal
- Electrocution protection: Input, Loop and all outputs protected against continuous connection to 425 VAC (self-healing)
- Surge protection (Input, Loop and all outputs): Max IDC 30,000A (8/20uS) sacrificial (1 operation)
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Approximate Carton Mass: 0.34 kg
- Approximate Carton Dimensions: 220 x 180 x 120 mm
- Volume: 4752000 mm³
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence Engineering Ltd
- Country of Manufacture: The United Kingdom
- 0201 DMX & RDM An Introduction
- 0205 DMX & RDM Splitters FAQ
- 0210 DMX & RDM Splitters Product comparison
- 0215 DMX & RDM Marking scheme for DMX512-A Splitters