Rail-Split RDM II
DIN Rail DMX512 splitter with Fix mode.Rail-Split™ RDM II is a high specification, low cost DMX512/RDM splitter and fixer designed for permanent installations. (If you don't need RDM, see sister product Rail-Split DMX).
Rail-Split RDM is DIN Rail mounted for ease of installation. All connections are via screw terminals. DMX loop through and termination options are provided.
The product offers high levels of electrical protection. It can survive mains electrocution of up to 425 VAC continuous connection on the input, loop and outputs. If you additionally require sacrificial surge protection, please see the sister product Rail-Split extreme.
Rail-Split RDM supports the RDM (Remote Device Management) Standard. RDM allows bidirectional communication over the DMX cable.
Rail-Split RDM is powered from a 9 to 48VDC power source.
Rail-Split RDM provides a switch to select between operation as a bidirectional DMX/RDM splitter and Fix mode. In Fix Mode, the product discards all RDM and other specialist data packets. It also adjusts the DMX timing to values that are likely to be acceptable to fixtures that do not fully comply with the DMX standard. The list below shows the fix mode features.
Automatic timing correction for DMX512.
Accepts breaks from 56uS to 1000uS
Accepts MaB from 5uS to 1000uS
Accepts MbB from 0uS to 1000uS
Accepts channel count from 1-512
Accepts refresh from 23mS to 1000mS
Filters out consecutive breaks
Retimes bytes with 1 stop bit to 2 stop bits
Generates DMX with fixed timing parameters: Refresh = 33Hz, Brk=250uS, MaB=30uS, P=30mS, C=512, MbB=30uS
Filters out all Non-Zero Start Codes
- Mains electrocution protection
- Optically isolated DMX512 input
- Front panel power and data indication
- Six buffered outputs
- Bidirectional data ports
- Jabber Detection
- Fix Mode
- DIN Rail mounting
- Compatible with DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A
- Protocols: RDM Standard V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard)
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 8W
- Input Voltage: 9 to 48VDC
- Width: 88 mm
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Connection: Screw terminal
- +15kV ESD DMX Input & Output Protection
- Electrocution protection: Input, Loop and all outputs protected against continuous connection to 425 VAC (self-healing)
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Approximate Carton Mass: 0.34 kg
- Approximate Carton Dimensions: 220 x 180 x 120 mm
- Volume: 4752000 mm³
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence Engineering Ltd
- Country of Manufacture: The United Kingdom
- 0201 DMX & RDM An Introduction
- 0205 DMX & RDM Splitters FAQ
- 0210 DMX & RDM Splitters Product comparison
- 0215 DMX & RDM Marking scheme for DMX512-A Splitters
CAD Files & Tutorials
Are you looking for a higher specification?
Rail-Split extreme is a variant of Rail-Split RDM. Rail-Split extreme additionally provides surge protection on the input, loop and outputs, which is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by